Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thursday Thursday Review - March 25


School work can be such a drag.
**********

First off I'd like to say that I had an amazing time on Thursday and to all who came and saw the show you can probably say you had a great time too! (Congrats Antony and Blake)

Now on to business. There were some pretty talented bands up there and although I have to admit I didn't stay the whole night, from what I heard the rest of the bands were pretty good as well.

The first band of the night I heard was the Ramona http://www.myspace.com/ramonahq. They were a pretty solid band; they kind of gave me a nostalgic feeling of listening to bands back in high school but with a modern touch. All in plaid, these guys knew how to keep there audience engaged and put on a great performance. Kudos.

The next band up was Bitter City http://www.myspace.com/bittercity. It was refreshing to see these girls rocking it up onstage. They were off to a rough start (there were some technical problems) but ever the professionals, played right through to the end to finish off a solid set list. Their sound was pretty close to the Romona's sound, which made the flow from one band to the other band seamless.

Now, the Dildoniks http://www.myspace.com/dildoniks have been a favourite of mine and I've heard them already before. They are an energetic group of guys with a love for music and always put on a great show. Considered Surfer rock in my books, their music was definitely different from the first two bands but because of the continued flow of energy from each band there wasn't any problems.

I have to say sorry to Reverse Mount Rushmore http://www.myspace.com/reversemountrushmore. Unfortunetly I wasn't able to stay all night and missed your performance. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you guys at another show and write about you!

Here are some more pictures from the night:



If there's anything else you guys would like to add, please write your comments, I'd love to hear from you guys! Hope to see you guys at the next concert! And a very special thanks to Antony and Blake for helping promote my blog as well as putting on great shows. Keep up the great work guys!

Reminders:

  • If there are any events you would like me to cover and promote please message me!

  • This Wed, March 31 is the documentary night at the Bloor Cinema showing, "The Reckoning". It's presented by the Canadian Center for International Justice and all proceeds will be going towards the charity. For more information please find us on facebook or message me for more details.

Spread the word guys,

Sarah xox

No comments:

Post a Comment