Monday, March 15, 2010

First Post

Welcome to my blog! Here is where I will put up pictures, lessons and current events that I'm working on in hopes to not only raise awareness to the events I'm working on but to also help those who are looking for advice and help with organizing an event.

So now a little about myself,

I'm a marketing student with aspirations of either working in an events company/marketing department. I decided to organize events because it's not a typical marketing/business job. It's fun, exciting and can be very rewarding in the end (both financially and emotionally). My first few events have been charity events (which I do for free) to gain some experience but also to give back to those who need it. So far I've organized/helped organize events for Toronto East General Hospital and St. Michael's Hospital. I am also currently working on a couple of events for the Canadian Center for International Justice.

I will be posting photo's of the 2 events and if anyone would like to know more about how I organized it I will be happy to put up a post of the steps and all my encounters.

Oh and I don't do it alone. I usually partner up with someone who is passionate about the event/cause. I find that this is important because who you work with should invest as much time and energy as you are.

That's it for now!

2 comments: